- You can arrange for your free estimate on our website or by telephone
- We will do a thorough assessment and recommend the right roofing application for you
- You will receive a quote package containing:
- A written quote describing the scope of work including costs,
- The specific material to be used on your roof, and
- Guidelines for Reroofing Preparation along with other information pertinent to your roof.
Before we begin your roof
- The quote requires your signature before it becomes a contract
- We will do our best to meet your scheduling needs remembering weather will have an impact
- You will be notified when the material is expected to be delivered
- You can expect the material to arrive a day or two before the work is scheduled
- You will be contacted by the Foreman the day before the crew is scheduled to arrive
- You can consider this your que to review and implement the Guidelines for Reroofing Preparation
On the Job
- Prior to job commencement the Foreman will be available to discuss any specific directions or concerns you wish to share
- The Foreman will provide daily updates describing job progression and those updates will be available using your website login &/or mobile app
- You will be notified about any unexpected problems resulting in additional costs and that information will be documented and accessible to you via your website login &/or mobile app
- Your signature will be required before any change orders are implemented
- Job site cleanup will be conducted at the end of every work day
- The Foreman will request your attendance to perform a final quality assurance inspection to ensure your satisfaction
- You will be issued an invoice reflecting the quote &/or any change orders
- Payment is expected following completion of job and after passing our quality assurance inspection
- You can pay using credit, cash, cheque or cryptocurrency
- After payment is receive you will be issued a receipt and your 10 year labour warranty
- We are always looking to improve our customer experience! We welcome any feedback you may have for us
- Should something go wrong with your new roof contact us and we will respond immediately
A new roof installation can increase your home’s value, reduce your energy costs, protect your family’s well-being, and achieve desirable cosmetic results! We only use the highest quality products from well-known manufacturers and roofing suppliers in Calgary. We will assist you in making informed decisions so investing in a quality roofing installation will be easy for you!
Your commercial building is a major purchase and that means you need to get the biggest return on your investment. There is no better investment than to hire a professional Calgary commercial roofer with decades of experience. Claw Roofing Specialists will ensure your roof will last beyond its expected lifespan. Whether you need a roof replacement, maintenance, repairs or even consultation for your commercial building, Claw is here to help.
Roofing Repair FAQ
Claw Roofing recommends you have your roof repaired or replaced when there is:
- Pooling of water
- Exposed cap sheet (granular material missing)
- Soft or spongy areas on roof
- Rips and tears in roof membrane
- Aged tar and gravel
Claw Roofing can assess your flat roof system. In addition to visual inspections, we can utilize infrared (IR) scans, core analysis, and moisture metering. With that information we can make an educated decision on the best course of action of each roof individually.
Our crews are trained and qualified in repairing TPO, Mod Bit (SBS), Tar and Gravel, and EPDM roof systems.
Need repairs to your commercial roof? We can help with that too. We’ll make that damage disappear and look like new again.
Regular inspections of your flat roof are critical to ensure it’s longevity. When inspecting your roof in the winter months DO NOT SHOVEL SNOW. A shovel can cause a tear in your membrane. We recommend using a leaf blower or broom to remove snow and other small debris.
When inspecting your flat roof, look out for:
- Drains to ensure they are not clogged or plugged
- Exposed cap sheet and missing granular material
- Cracks and tears in the membrane
- Debris like branches that need to be removed
Rooftop gardens ensure that urbanization doesn’t mean a complete loss of greenery! Sustainable rooftop gardens are a simple way to increase green space and greatly benefit your home and health, especially if you don’t have access to a yard.
Rooftop gardens can incorporate grasses, ornamental trees, flowers and even vegetables for growing your own food. Step one is having the right type of roof to support your greenspace. There are many roof designs that provide excellent space for rooftop gardens!
Some of the lesser known benefits of a sustainable rooftop garden include:
- Filtering out air pollutants with photosynthesis
- Moderating the temperature of a building or house with shade (lower A/C bill, too!)
- Drainage and rainwater recycling by plants
- Dampening of loud city noise
- A beautiful outdoor space to enjoy with family and friends
The more greenery we can invite into our lives, the better. Claw Roofing in Calgary can help you implement your wildest rooftop dreams for your residential or commercial space, contact us at any time!
Birds are smart! They often seek to build nests in places that shelter them from the wind, sun and rain. A common place they choose is the space under your roofline or in your gutters. Birds also peck holes through broken roof shingles or roofing vents in order to build their nests.
One of the best ways to deal with birds repeatedly nesting in your roof is keeping your roof repaired and cleaned. Clear gutters, repaired roofing materials and a clean roof give birds much less opportunity to find nooks and crannies to nest in.
If you are hearing birds in and around your roof often and are concerned, give us a call at Claw Roofing. We can come out to review the state of your roof and recommend any necessary steps to keep those birds out!
People often dread cleaning their gutters but it can really make a difference for the safety of your roof and home!
Leaves, pinecones, twigs and organic matter accumulate and over time and will clog drainage and lead to water damage over time. Commercial roofing, flat roofing and asphalt shingles are all susceptible to possible water damage from improper drainage and pooling. Gutters can also become disconnected or damaged in storms or from snow and ice build-up.
To keep your home in good shape, we recommend cleaning your gutters twice a year, once in the fall and once in the spring.
When it comes to the actual cleaning, here are a few things to look for:
- Dents, holes, crushed gutters from storms or tree branches
- Detached gutters hanging from the roofline
- Missing gutter elbows
- Leaves, twigs, nests, organic debris, pine needles
- Discoloration or damage to soffits or fascia
Unaddressed leaky skylights can create a host of long-term damage affecting your entire roof and even the health and wellbeing of your family.
Here are some of the things to watch for if you suspect your skylight may be leaking:
- Condensation build-up along the interior of the skylight
- Warped or rusty flashing around the edges of the skylight
- Brown or black water stains along the slope away from your skylight or around any edges of your skylight
- Visible mold (fuzziness or spotting often in black, orange, green or brown)
Lifting, cracked or depressed seals around the skylight
Click Here to Read More About Identifying Leaky Skylights
Flat Roofing FAQ
Flat roofing is a very specialized type of tar and gravel, torch-on roof that requires a skilled and certified installer. There are much stricter requirements in certification and insurance for flat roof installation, as the job is significantly more complicated than regular sloped roof installation. A poorly installed flat roof system will experience leaks or in the worst case, collapse. You don’t want either of those situations, so you need the best flat roofers in Calgary, Claw Roofing!
Here are just some of the roofing services we offer:
- Infrared Inspection
- Insulation Consult & Install
- Decking Installation on Flat Roof
- And more!
The most common types of flat roof membranes are Tar and Gravel, Mod Bit (SBS), TPO, and EPDM. To understand what type of membrane is best for your application please contact Claw Roofing. We will explain each membrane along with the advantages and disadvantages of each. We are proud to educate our clients to allow them to make the best choice for their situation.