Rooftop gardens ensure that urbanization doesn’t mean a complete loss of greenery! Sustainable rooftop gardens are a simple way to increase green space and greatly benefit your home and health, especially if you don’t have access to a yard.
Rooftop gardens can incorporate grasses, ornamental trees, flowers and even vegetables for growing your own food. Step one is having the right type of roof to support your greenspace. There are many roof designs that provide excellent space for rooftop gardens!
Some of the lesser known benefits of a sustainable rooftop garden include:
- Filtering out air pollutants with photosynthesis
- Moderating the temperature of a building or house with shade (lower A/C bill, too!)
- Drainage and rainwater recycling by plants
- Dampening of loud city noise
- A beautiful outdoor space to enjoy with family and friends
The more greenery we can invite into our lives, the better. Claw Roofing in Calgary can help you implement your wildest rooftop dreams for your residential or commercial space, contact us at any time!
Click Here to Read More About Rooftop Gardens